See bottom for update:
What will come as a surprise to some, is that there are literally thousands of pages on the illustrious Facebook that support animal abuse, violence against woman, (Including advocating and encouraging date rape) child abuse, drug use and more. Facebook has become a haven or a hideout for illegal activities. What is an even bigger shock to the system, or a revelation, if you will, is that Mark Zuckerberg and his “team” will do little to nothing about it!
Some pages, groups and unsavory individuals, should you be persistent, if you complain loud enough, Facebook will send them a message with a very benign quip about “Community Guidelines” or whatever the buzzword of the moment is for “please be good while you’re here”
In rare cases they will take action to shut them down however, the pages they actually do take action against consist of drug use or spam, for the most part, (They are the most serious offenders in the eyes of Facebook.) or so it would seem, at least to someone paying attention, to someone who has these punks on their radar, as Facebook clearly does not!
Zuckerberg seems quite content to step in and silence pages that try to stop animal abuse, child rape/molestation and abduction, animal rescue, and violence against women because god forbid you post too many stories and pictures of a child, women or animal in need of rescue! that’s called “spam” in Facebook world!
Trolling pages are a Facebook darling too, in the event these trolling pages are removed, the admin, who is generally still permitted on Facebook, will simply open another page under a different name and make it a closed group so he/she can invite back all the same supportive abusers and trolls! or better yet create yet another fake profile and continue the sick and twisted games they play at our expense. Thanks Zuckerberg, well done!
Here is a small piece of what Facebook has to say about the “community” its a real nail bitter so bear with me here, **I have taken the liberty of translating their jargon in my own special way, for the masses.**
- Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. (Right, blah blah blah… ok then!)
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
(Disclaimer time! We told you, so don’t complain later, when the application sells your info and steals the photos of your kids. Because hey! We have purposely made it very difficult for you to contact us anyway on that, mainly because we don’t care, and they pay us, you don’t! Sorry tee hee!
When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Facebook, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them). (So you can send us an Idea, we’ll use it, and possibly make money from it, but we will cut you out of the deal and won’t pay you a dime! Sound good?)
We do our best to keep Facebook safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments: (Here’s where the BS starts)
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Facebook. (Right, ok, so why are they so many spam pages on Facebook that remain up and running then?)
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access Facebook, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission. (Duh! hello? did Zuckerberg ever check into that one? What a tool!)
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Facebook. (Um hello??? Hi Amway and Avon! Two of the biggest Pyramids on Facebook!)
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code. (Laughable, happens everyday on Facebook!)
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.( Again, laughable!) Anyone had a message from the fake “Facebook security team” Lately? that one is still floating through Facebook world.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user. (Have you ever tried to get a hold of Facebook about being bullied or harassed? Good Luck with that! And p.s. they censored an anti-bullying page not too long ago for posting too many status updates of all things!) let’s ask Facebook about Jade, and how many times she asked for help from Facebook, before choosing suicide to end her torment.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence. (Do they read their own guidelines? Get serious! This is happening on Facebook as you read this!)
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.(PFTH!) thanks Mark!
- You will follow our Promotions Guidelines and all applicable laws if you publicize or offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (“promotion”) on Facebook.
- You will not use Facebook to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory. (Hello Diane Campbell ring any bells? Needful Souls? ALF?)
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of Facebook, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
Registration and Account Security
Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal profile. (Have you been on Facebook lately there are literally millions of troll/fake accounts!)
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission. (Hahahaha! Hi Tim, a now famous Facebook animal abuser, who currently has 6 fake Facebook accounts! All reported to Facebook many times! only the first one was disabled, so I hear.
- You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
- You will not use Facebook if you are under 13. (Seriously? Wake up, at least one third of Facebook users are under thirteen! again great job Mark, you are really batting a thousand on these!)
- You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender. (Now you are just looking plain stupid Zuckertroll! Have you gotten egg on your face over this one yet? You should be ashamed of yourself, you are a sell out and a disgrace!)
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date. (and who’s checking up on that one? Whatever!)
- You will not share your password, (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account. (DUH!)
- You will not transfer your account (including any page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission. (Yeah because Facebook is so timely at getting back to people, assuming you can find the right unpublicized link! middle finger is getting itchy on that one!)
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
Protecting Other People’s Rights:
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Facebook that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law. (Mmmmm Hmmmm, sure… thanks Mark, that’s why you stepped in so quickly NOT! When Diane Campbell created a duplicate and troll account in an effort to discredit me and my work against animal abusers like her! and I was not her only Facebook victim, google Kimberley Glassnapp sometime! and there were many others!)
- We can remove any content or information you post on Facebook if we believe that it violates this Statement. (Can but very seldom do, right Mark?)
The rest of the statement can be found on Facebook. Basically that is as far as Facebook goes in terms of what they will not tolerate on their site. Did you catch that most of it is geared towards keeping themselves, more importantly Zuckertroll safe, not you, not children, and certainly not animals!
I have personally seen photos and videos of animals being abused, neglected, and even tortured on Facebook, posted on pages titled things like “I hate cats”, “Kick a dog day”, “Things on a stick”, and many, many, more! I have complained so many times about these individual pages, it would make you feel sick, like riding a merry-go-round that you can’t get off of, In fact I had to report some to Interpol due to the level of violence and graphic animal sexual abuse displayed, as have many of my friends and animal advocates on Facebook, to no avail! Pictures like the ones Jaime Ferrero posted, his crowning glory.., this picture:
And Jaime is still on Facebook, and this photo is still in his album!
Here is a YouTube video showing him running for office in Spain, I believe Spanish Cat Killer Runs For Public Office
I posed some questions to Mark Zuckerberg directly Via his page on Facebook, as there was no other clear link to him or Facebook that actually worked. I should mention that I phoned his Corporate office and was looped through an automated call answer bank that was the biggest merry-go-round on ignore I have experienced to date! I never did reach an living, breathing person, so after over one hour in the “ignore bank” I gave up.
Good times, I assure you! thanks Mark! In any case here are the questions I posed to him:
1) So were you aware of the growing daily lists of animal and child abuse pages on your site? Are you aware of the illegal activities promoted on Facebook?
2) What if any measures does “Facebook” take to remove them? and why does it take so long for you to remove them? I mean “I hate cats” “punch a cat day” “kick a dog” and many, many others are still up and I with many others have reported them to many times to recount!
3) So one can only assume then that Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg support and harbour abuse and criminal activity since you allow it to go un-policed on your site, you rely on the public to play nice? Don’t you feel and accept some measure of responsibility for what is allowed on your site? Because if not, you certainly should! If you simply could care less I think the public has the right to know, wouldn’t you agree?
4) What steps have been taken if any to eliminate these pages on Facebook in the first place, and how do you plan to filter things like this in the future? I ask because if there are pages like these then I am 100% sure that there are also sexual assault pages, drug use pages, and many more criminal activities that you have given a home under the pretense or shelter of a “page” correct?
5) When can the outraged public expect these pages to be removed and policing to be put in place to make sure they cannot go unchecked anymore?
6) Have you considered a “task force” if you will of employees of Facebook to monitor and control this situation and these pages along with the people running them?
7) Were you aware that Facebook is becoming quite a joke to the mainstream media because of these very issues, I mean several well know publications have written articles about this very thing. it seems that the public views your security and commitment to a clean safe website laughable at best.
8) Are you prepared to contact the authorities when you come across these pages or do you just remove them, and call it business as usual?
9) Will you commit to emailing me to confirm if any of these issues have been addressed and rectified, and if so, will you be willing to show proof to the public?
and one last new one:
10) Why do you not have direct links and phone lines to your organization that work? That are received and responded to in a timely fashion?Why doesn’t anyone ever respond to the questions that are posed to you by “regular folks” like myself? (ok I know that was more than one last one but I figure he owes me that much.)
Not only did I not receive even a rudimentary form letter, I did not receive any response what so ever, in fact Zuckertroll or his “Net Gophers” immediately removed my questions from his page. So as I promised, I am posting it all here in an effort to make social sites such as Facebook, Youtube, Myspace and others, think about their social responsibility, to get them to take ownership over the filth they allow on their sites and stop passing the buck and making excuses! To stop giving criminals a forum to commit, and display their crimes. and to stop sitting back collecting millions and to start putting things in place to protect the public and those on the receiving end of these abusers crimes!
Here’s an excerpt from a statement Facebook posted in their Community Standards section a friend Steve copied this to the page I am a member of on Facebook (Stop Animal Cruelty Groups on Facebook): While we are a platform for sharing events that take place in your life and around the world, any inappropriately graphic content will be removed when found on the site. Sadistic displays of violence against people or animals, or depictions of sexual assault, are prohibited. (They noticed I have been sending in a lot of complaints and they sent me their statement of community standards, I’m certain they sent it to the wrong person, I know the standards, Facebook clearly does not) Thanks for letting me borrow this Steve. It is Proof that Facebook likes passing the buck rather than taking action!
I guess my point is that there really needs to be some set standards, some policing, and some small measure of being pro-active and not re-active when criticized. Stop belching out nonsense that is insulting to the intelligence of the animal, women and children’s welfare and advocacy groups and concerned citizens everywhere!
So know I pass it off to all of you, what do you think? Should these sites be able to wash their hands of this, or be held accountable? feel free to share and comment below. For all those who sit in frustration in much the same way I do daily.., hold on, stand with me, speak up one more time, only this time lets all do it together! Some of our kids are on Facebook, I literally have nightmares about some of the things I have been exposed to on Facebook, and I’m all grown up, I have experienced unpleasant things in my life. I have seen a lot, but not like this! Not to this magnitude!
Let’s put some direction and magnitude behind the rage and upset we feel and get things changed! Make the little money trolls like Mark and his ilk become stand up men, we can not allow them to just simply remain shady little trolls!
And the beat goes on this was pulled from Facebook today, this girl has been reported so many times it makes me ill, and she still has this garbage on her profile:
Also please note I have started and added below a petition to the governor of Palo Alto Jerry Brown to take action against Facebook, YouTube, and MySpace for allowing this to go on, and to make sure that they are responsible for maintaining their sites, and do not allow abusers to have a safe place to hide, and share their deeds, this includes abuse, torture, neglect, dog fighting, dismemberment and any other forms there in!